Indian Mary Park; Josephine County Parks Oregon
This Park is part of our Holy Rovers itinerary every September
All pictures can be clicked to enlarge
This “park” is often considered the “jewel” of the Josephine County Park System in Southern Oregon.
This is a beautiful park and campground set along the Rogue River just past the famous Hellgate Canyon and a short drive (about 10 miles) down Merlin/Galice road from Interstate 5
The park can also be reached by following G Street in Grants Pass, which changes into Upper River Road at the west City limits; then to Azalea Road and turn right; follow Azalea to Merlin-Galice Rd. and turn left.
This is nice park to simply relax, or to even have an event as there is a nice pavilion (which often hosts wedding, parties, etc. and can accommodate 150 persons).
Of coarse fishing is also popular here either from shore or by drift boats. Salmon and Steelhead are the two most sought after fish here (in season).
Rafting is the other very popular activity here and on nearby spots of the Rogue River with many class 1 & 2 rapids in the immediate area, as well as class 3-5 further downstream (which require a guide and permit).
Indian Mary Park also has a disc golf course as well.
• Reservations recommended in the late spring through early fall; I recommend using Reserve America.
• Campsites; there are 34 sites for tents and68 sites for trailers or RVs of up to 44 feet; 44 are full hookup and 14 are partial. There is also a group site of six sites together.
• Drinking water, rest rooms with flush toilets and coin operated showers is also available. Picnic tables, garbage bins, fire rings are also provided.
• Indian Mary also has a boat ramp and playground, as well as ice and firewood are available (for $). A store and café are seven miles away and laundry facilities are available in the town of Merlin (which is just off the 5 freeway).
• Leashed pets are permitted.