Lake Selmac is a popular lake, recreation area and complex of campgrounds in Josephine County Oregon.
The Lake is the largest in the county and is easily accessible from Selma Oregon (home to American Idol contestant Kristy Lee Cook) approximately 3 miles east on Lakeshore drive from US highway 199.
Our family generally visits Lake Selmac with the Holy rovers RV club from Bethany Presbyterian every June (usually during the free fishing weekend too which I believe is the first Sat. & Sun of June, but I would check with Josephine County Parks for verification; (541) 474-5285)
We have a lot of fun with fishing for trout and simply visiting with friends as the pictures show.
I personally like the layout of the campground with the camp “loops” spread around the lake, unlike so many campgrounds that have all the loops in one specific area. This gives the Lake Selmac campgrounds a nice small campground feel which makes for a more pleasant camping experience in my opinion.
The campgrounds are well shaded with a beautiful mature forest surrounding the sites, so even on a full sun summer day the lighting< is subdued making for considerable shade and pleasant outdoor relaxing even on a warm day.
Please click on pictures to enlarge
• Reservations recommended in the late spring through early fall; I recommend using Reserve America.
• Campsites; there are 81 sites for tents, trailers, or RVs up to 32 feet. Many are full hookup
• Drinking water, rest rooms with flush toilets and coin operated showers is also available. Picnic tables, garbage bins, fire rings are also provided.
• Lake Selmac also has boat ramps and a playground, as well as a recreation field, horseshoes, and Disc Golf. Boat Rentals are available at a nearby RV Park
• Leashed pets are permitted.
ADDITONAL CAMPGROUND INFORMATION:
West end of the Lake (Reeves Creek Rd. & South Shore Dr.)
Osprey Loop Campground:
• 14 – Tent Sites (Water Available)
• 3 – Partial Hook-Up Sites (Water & Electricity
• 18 – Full Hook-Up (50 Amp Service) (Electric- Water- Sewer)
• Campsite #30- Full Hook-Up ADA Site
• 1 – Yurt (Furnished, Electricity, Lighting, Heater)
Heron Loop Campground:
5 Tent Sites (Water Available) Vault Toilet- Lakeshore Campsites
Teal Loop Campground:
• 14 – Tent Sites (Water Available) – Lakeshore Campsites
• 2 – Vault Toilets
SOUTH END OF LAKE: (McMullen Creek Rd., Hickenbottom Road)
Eagle Loop Campground:
• 14 Tent Sites (Water Available) – Lakeshore Campsites
• 1 Vault Toilet
Mallard Loop Campground:
• 15 Full Hook-Up Campsites (50 Amp Service)
• Site #113 ADA
• 5 Tent Sites
• 1 Yurt (Furnished, Electricity- Lighting, Heater)