Mono Vista RV Park is a nice RV park in a great central location for visiting Yosemite (primarily the Tuolumne Meadows High country of Yosemite), Mono Lake National Scenic Area, Mono National Scenic Area Visitor Center & Museum, Bodie Ghost Town, and many excellent National Forest areas of the beautiful Eastern Sierra Mountains of California.
The park is easy to get into for most sizes of RVs (we have a 39 foot trailer plus a 17 foot tow vehicle and were placed in a back in on the South side of the park). Looking around the park, it may be difficult for a 40′ RV to get into many sites, but otherwise it is a good RV park for most sizes of RVs as well as several nice, but close together tent sites.
Please click on all pictures to enlarge for a better view
- Elevation: 6780 feet
- Sites; 50, both gravel & grass
- RV site sizes (average); 22 x 60 for the largest pull through sites; 20 x 45 for back in sites
- Facilities Include; Coin Showers (tokens), Restrooms (VERY clean), Laundry, Limited RV Supplies, Public Phone, Cable TV, Dump Station, Internet for Fee (very terrible wireless internet service and over priced)
- Recreation: Horseshoes, Playground, small game room
- Location/Phone; Highway 395 Lee Vining California (north of intersection with CA Hwy 120 into Yosemite National Park), 760-647-6401
- VERY Clean, in the park and facilities
- Excellent Location, with many must see unique nearby attractions
- With a few exceptions, easy to level sites
- Reasonable Price (approximately $35 per night in 2012)
- Reasonably friendly, accommodating staff
- Unreasonable Dog Rules; No dogs may be left in RVs, regardless of how quiet and closed up the RV is (this is strange for an RV in a location where most persons go away during the day to see the nearby attractions and where leaving the dog in a vehicle such as in Yosemite is questionable)
- Strict 1:00 pm Check in; this is rather silly and inconvenient. We left our previous rv campsite with the plans to visit Bodie the day of arrival and we had to wait at the Mono Visitor Center until 1 pm, which cost us time we would have loved to have spent at Bodie.
Frankly, if a campsite is vacant and clean it should be available, as this is in most all campgrounds both private and public we have visited!
- Terrible wireless internet service that is an extra charge of $6 (it did not work at all the second day of our trip)
- Cash or Check only, although this is a very minor con in my opinion, as although I use my credit card for most RV parks, I also always plan ahead for such stops and I understand the cost of accepting credit cards.
In fact, to be more blunt, I only list this as a con because I know this is important to many, but for me this really is not a con.
While I did list a few cons (the first two being the ones that bothered us most), we would definitely visit Mono Vista RV Park again.
Probably the only reason we would not visit this Park again would be if someone were to build an equal RV Park that were to remove the first 2-3 “Cons” listed here.
As a suggestion, maybe larger sites with better views to the north with an area that includes fire rings for those who like this aspect of camping (I know many of the international visitors prefer the camping experience of camp fires!)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR……
My Business Endeavors include my large Aquatic Information site with article such as UV Sterilization which is the most researched and regularly updated article on the subject of UV Sterilizer use in Ponds & Aquariums as well as information about premium hot cathode replacement UV Bulbs for your units.
Links to my aquarium/pond keeping articles/products:
Aquarium & Pond UV Sterilization
UV Sterilizers/Clarifiers for purchase
Simply the best high output UVC Bulbs/Lamps